Monday, September 12, 2011

"Hey, City That Never Sleeps. Wake up.”


Since steam power can be used for everything from heating and cooling to sterilizing and food processing, cities such as Manhattan utilize this source of energy on a daily basis.  In a busy community with constantly working individuals, there is little downtown throughout the work week. 
Brilliantly, one company thought of an advertising scheme to grasp the attention of these restless Manhattan citizens.  While visiting a family member this summer in Manhattan, I was appalled by a Folgers coffee advertisement.  
As I made my way towards the subway station, I noticed steam coming from across the street one morning.  The closer I came towards the steam, it looked as if something was accidentally spilled all over the ground and steaming everywhere.  To my surprise, when I walked near the steam it was an advertisement for Folgers coffee that covered a Manhattan manhole.  Holes on the print allowed for the steam to come out while the wordings around the cup read, “Hey, City That Never Sleeps. Wake Up.” from Folgers. 
I must admit, because of the dazzling advertisement that was lingering in my mind the rest of the afternoon, I went out of my way to purchase a cup of Folgers coffee the next morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment