Monday, November 21, 2011

It’s not crazy, it’s sports

While watching the Green Bay Packers take down the Tampa Bay Buccaneers yesterday, one commercial lingered in my head throughout the game.  Although I typically don’t pay much attention to sports commercials – since they're basically all the same – this advertisement caught my eye.  Want to know why? Check it out:
Alhough I am not a Pittsburgh Steelers fan, I loved the creativity ESPN portrayed through die-hard Steelers fans’ and their insistence on bringing The Terrible Towel with them all over the world.  In an effort to show that NFL fans are some of the most rabid fans in the world, Terrible Towels are being waved at Big Ben, Mount Rushmore, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, Stonehenge, Macchu Picchu, Times Square, Taj Mahal and the Great Wall of China. 

Personally, I would prefer to see people wearing cheese heads across the globe, but I must admit this is an impressive advertisement to reach out to sports fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment